Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mitzi & Mrs. Foster in "A Date With Judy"


Judy and Mitzi
Originally uploaded by ACTORTX
Joan Leonard as Mitzi
(The lady in white)

---Interview---

ACTORTX: What do you like about the characters you are playing?
Joan: Mrs. Foster is a great Mom and a good wife. I enjoy her range...from scolding Randolph, to empathizing with Judy, to cherishing her husband.
Mitzi is a zany character and a lot of fun. Her part is a stretch for me. It's been a LONG time since I was a teenager and I was never a zany one. I can, however, relate to her long legs.
ACTOR: What has your experience been with ACTOR?
Joan: The friendships I have enjoyed through ACTOR are irreplaceable. One of my favorite parts of ACTOR is the time we spend backstage before performances. That's when the actors finally get to know each other on a personal level. Before that, we're so focused on our lines and stage directions, we don't get a chance to learn about each other outside of ACTOR.
ACTOR: Is there anything you would like to say to the people reading the blog?
Joan: Share the joy that is community theatre! Really, for the price of a ticket, you just can't beat the entertainment value.
ACTOR: Thanks, Joan!
------
"A Date With Judy"

No comments:

Post a Comment