Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Oogie / Rex in "A Date With Judy"


Oogie and Judy
Originally uploaded by ACTORTX
Carl Pankratz as Oogie and Rex.
(Gentleman in the white shirt)

---Interview---

ACTORTX: What is it you like about your character? Or rather, characters.
Carl: I play two characters. My first character is Oogie. What I really like about Oogie that he is difficult, because obviously I'm not a 17 year old. And I'm definitly not a Senior in high school anymore, so trying to recreate what those emotions were and remember what it was like to be 17 was kinda difficult ESPECIALLY the voice at that age. But I like the challenge, its been fun playing a teenager again.

The other character I play is Rex. I like Rex because he is more refined. He is the guy who is more focused on his career and his academics to get into a good school. I can relate more to him than to Oogie. But again, it's still challenging.
ACT: What has your experience been with ACTOR? Have you enjoyed it? Has it been rough?
Carl: Its been amazing! I wasn't an actor before. I took only half a semester of "Art of Acting" in college and that's all I've had. I've been in three plays now and I've been blown away be each character that I've played. Heck, I've been Elvis! Who really gets a chance to play Elvis?!
ACT: I remember the hair! (http://www.actortx.com/ the middle picture)
Carl: Ya! Its hard not because you have to memorize scripts, but it's taking the scripts, the barebones, and trying to add to it. Whether its the dance that Elvis did or trying to jazz up Oogie's song, all while dating Judy.
ACT: Oh, I hear you have a singing part in this...
Carl: I unfortunately do, I hope that doesn't kill our audience, but if they stay long enough its worth it. Just to let you know, don't be prepared to be awed by my singing abilities.
ACT: And finally, is there anything you would like to say to the people who are reading this blog?
Carl: Everybody is an actor, you just may not know it. And Amateur Community Theatre of Rowlett is living proof that you have abilities that you are not aware of and sometimes it just takes the right organization to bring that out of you.
ACT: Thanks for your kind words, Carl.
------
Opening night is September 17th at 8PM
http://www.actortx.com/Current_Show.html

No comments:

Post a Comment